Topics Map > Student Information System (SIS)
SIS - Getting Started - Security Request
This document provides information on how to obtain SIS authorizations that are necessary to carry out department responsibilities and business processes using the online SIS Security Request (or “eForm”) for new and current non-student employees.
The Student Information System (SIS), is the backbone that supports the student life cycle. This includes, but is not limited to, the following administrative functions: Admissions, Financial Aid, Student Financials, Student Records, Curriculum, and Enrollment. This document provides information on how to obtain SIS authorizations that are necessary to carry out department responsibilities and business processes. Requests for non-student employees can be made using the online SIS Security Request (or “eForm”) for new and current campus users. This eForm can be found in SIS and replaces the existing DocuSign request form and provides an automated process that will fulfill SIS security requests and approvals in a more efficient and timely manner. NOTE: Student employee requests continue to use DocuSign and must still be requested using the SIS Access Request web form.
Requirements Needed to Begin a SIS Security Request
- Must have employee access to SIS
- Must have the SIS Security Requests tile on their Administrative Home Page
- May not be a student employee (student employee requests are made through the SIS Access Request web form)
- Users the requests are made for
- Must have a current or future job appointment
- Must have a NetID (NetID - Activating Your Account)
- May not be a student employee
General Notes for Using the SIS Security Request eForm
- The form cannot be saved so be prepared to complete the request once it has been started.
- Be as specific as possible when making your selections for security. Requests that are submitted without adequate information about the access that is needed will result in processing delays.
- Review the SIS Role Catalog to help determine roles needed before starting the request.
- There are notes, instructions and helpful tips on each page and section throughout the form.
High Level Steps
- Campus user needs SIS access and authorizations added or updated
- Campus user, their supervisor or someone with an understanding of the security needed logs in to SIS
- SIS - Add a Security Request: While in SIS a SIS Security Request eForm is initiated to capture access, authorizations and other information that is needed for the request
- SIS - Approve Security Request Through Email Notification: After the SIS Security Request eForm is submitted, it is routed to the appropriate department and school/college/division approvers for evaluation and approval. Requests will also be routed for to the appropriate role owners for any roles that require additional approval.
- SIS - View a SIS Security Request: Campus users, supervisors, approvers and role owners can view the status of submitted SIS Security Requests
- After all approvals are given, the campus user’s SIS account is automatically updated with the requested access for any roles that were approved or do not need approval