Topics Map > Other landline services > Centrex
Voice/Telephone Services (Centrex) - Options for Forwarding Calls
Option 1 - Centrex forwarding will forward all calls to the target number. This is an easy option if you are in your office and can get dial tone on the number to be forwarded.
Option 2 - Contact DoIT to forward your number remotely can be used if you don't have access to your office and therefore are not able to forward your calls yourself. With this option, all calls will be forwarded to the target number without first going to voice mail. Specific instructions for each of these options follow. If possible, take some time in a non-emergency situation to try these out and get familiar with the procedures.
Option 1 - Centrex forwarding
Call Forward Variable (*116) is a feature which enables you to forward all incoming calls to a telephone number within or outside of the Centrex system.
Option 2 - Contact DoIT to forward your phones remotely.
- Complete a request with DoIT by completing the form here.
- DoIT will need to know the numbers to be forwarded and the target number to forward them to.
- If you are forwarding to another campus telephone line, DoIT will also need to know what you want to happen to calls at the forwarded location if not answered or busy. For example, you may want calls to drop to your UW voice mailbox or hunt to another number.
- Please allow 2 weeks for processing your order.
- This can be done if you don't have access to your telephone.
- You will need to contact DoIT to have the forwarding removed.