Voice/Telephone Services (Centrex) - Forwarding Calls Directly to Voice Mail
This procedure will direct all incoming calls to voice mail on a Centrex phone. If you have a Cisco phone, please see links below.
Directing incoming calls to voice mail and cancelling this feature.
To Activate Direct Forwarding to Voice Mail:
- Lift telephone receiver and hear dial tone on the number you are forwarding.
- Dial *116.
- Hear special dial tone.
- Dial 5-5500.
- Hear confirmation tones (series of beeps) followed by ringing or busy, then hang up.
- Confirm the process worked by calling the number. It should now be forwarded to the designated number.
- Repeat the process if forwarding did not activate.
- Lift telephone receiver and hear dial tone.
- Dial *118.
- Hear confirmation tones (series of beeps) before you hang up.
- Confirm forwarding has been removed by dialing the telephone number. It should ring at the normal location.
- Repeat if forwarding did not deactivate.