Cisco VoIP - Answering/Placing Calls in Jabber (Windows/Mac)
The Cisco VoIP telephone dialing patterns will NOT be affected by the FCC's move to 10-digit dialing for the 608 area code on October 24, 2021.
How to answer and place calls using the Jabber client. Please note screenshots are from the previous version. Functionality in the current version is similar.
Using Calling Features
Incoming Jabber calls will display a notification on your screen. You might choose to Answer, or Decline (sends call to voicemail).
- When the call is active, the interaction window appears.
While on an active call, the following options are available:
- Open full screen
- Show self view (camera needed)
- Show keypad
- Mute audio
- Adjust volume
- Hold, transfer, merge and conference
- End call
From the Search or call box
- Type the telephone number
- 7 digits for a campus call
- 1 + 7 digits for an non-campus local call
- 1 + 1 + area code + 7 digits for long distance call
- Type the URI OR
- Search for a contact
- Press Enter or select the telephone icon
- When the call is active the interaction window appears
Video calls transfer to audio by default. Video can be enabled for all calls by default via the Options menu.
In the Options menu, select Calls in the left column of the Options window.
• Select Always start calls with video.• Select Apply, and OK.
To enable or disable video for an active call:
• From the interaction window select either Start my video or Stop my video.