Credit Card Sales Reconcillation procedure
End of the day procedure for swipe card credit card transactions
- Put sales and refund receipts for day together in numerical order.
- Near the top of the slip will be a Card type will appear in bold type
- Second line will be card number represented with X's and displaying last 4 digits of patron's card.
- Third line will be the transaction type - either SALE or REFUND
- Fourth line will be the Record number - this is the number that needs to be used to put the slips in numerical order.
- Staple all individual sales receipts for day together.
- The next morning there should be a settlement report for the previous day’s sale. Keep this report and put it together with the slips for that day - often the date for the beginning of the batch will be the day prior to the settlement date.
- Fold Settlement report and staple it to the pile individual sales
- Put individual sales and settlement report into cash box.