ECMS - Using RDS for Perceptive Content
This document explains RDS and its use for Perceptive Content users.
UW-Madison Remote Desktop Service (RDS)
RDS is a Remote Desktop Service that provides supplemental access for Mac and Linux users to applications that are only available on the Windows platform or access to a set of applications from remote locations (must use WiscVPN for remote access).
At the request of the ECM/Imaging Team, RDS administrators have installed the current version of Perceptive Content for Imaging customers. If you primarily use a Mac OS X or Unix/Linux computer without the ability to run Windows applications, you can use RDS to run Perceptive Content. You will mostly have full functionality. Exceptions are highlighted below.
NOTE: Imaging Team members have tested the following functions with positive results (4/22/2020):
- Client can connect to Perceptive Content
- Client can configure a Capture Profile
- Client can use ImageNow Printer to capture a document
- Client can search for, find and review a captured document
- Client can use a LearnMode with IE 11 on ANSI; and the LearnMode pulled the data for an ImageNow Printer document capture