ECMS - Manual Client Installation Steps - August 2018 Upgrade
This document explains how to install the ImageNow client version required to test ImageNow for the August, 2018, upgrade.
Installation Important Information
The following are steps to install and configure the ImageNow v7.2.3 Build 384 desktop client. The installation process is functionally identical to previous versions of ImageNow, but some configuration steps may deviate (e.g. PEDS and connection profile configuration).
You can install the new client for testing purposes on a dedicated computer/laptop or inside a virtual machine using VM technology like VirtualBox, VMWare, Parallels, etc. The ECM/Imaging team cannot assist you with using VM technology. Please consult with your local desktop support individuals for assistance.
ImageNow Desktop Client Installation Steps
- Go to https://uwmadison.box.com/s/tgbaxznnwp4eypoinfs1wjr1iajfcg7d to download the latest client version.
- Locate the downloaded file on your computer, then rename the file from ClientSetup_184.108.40.2064_Aug_2018.exe.rename to ClientSetup_220.127.116.114_Aug_2018.exe.
- Right-click on the renamed file and select Run as Adminstrator.
- InstallShield Wizard will launch and present a Welcome screen. Click Next
- If the required supporting files for Microsoft C++ Redistributable (two of them) and Microsoft .NET are not installed, you will be presented with a dialog to install them. If they are already installed, this dialog will not appear. You must install these files.
- Scroll to the end of the license agreement and select I accept the terms in the license agreement, then click Next
- On the following screen, you will be able to select specific features for installation. It is recommended that you select all of the available features for local installation. Once you have made your selections, click Next
- If you are installing the client for the first time, an additional dialog will appear requesting that you configure at least one Connection Profile used to connect to the Perceptive Content server. In the "Default Connection Profile" window, configure the connection profile for either test or dev:
- Profile name: Anything you like, e.g. Test
- Server name: imagingtest.services.wisc.edu
- Port number: 6000
- Profile name: Anything you like, e.g. Dev
- Server name: imagingdev.services.wisc.edu
- Port number: 6000
- The installer will ask for the Deployment Server URL. As you are installing the latest version of the client in Dev and Test, you should not need to enter anything. Click Next.
- The installer will present a screen on which can select Shortcuts; select as you desire:
- Now you can click on the Install button and the client installation will begin:
- If you are upgrading from a previous version of the ImageNow client, the PEDS Service Monitor may be loaded. If so the installer will present this dialog. You should select "Automatically close and attempt to restart applications" and click on the OK button to continue the installation:
- If you are upgrading from a previous version of the ImageNow client and you had the old client running, the installer will present this dialog. You should switch to the running ImageNow client and close it, then switch back to the installer and click on the Retry button to continue the installation.
- This Installation Wizard Completed dialog will be shown when the upgrade is completed:
- To use all features of the ImageNow Printer, additional steps will need to be completed: ECMS - Configuring the ImageNow Printer