Office of Diversity, Inclusion & Funding (ODIF) Recruitment Efforts
The Office of Diversity, Inclusion & Funding (ODIF) recruitment efforts (formally recruited through now retired program name of Multicultural Graduate Network (MGN)), creates opportunities to bring together graduate students from across UW–Madison to foster community and relationships.
ODIF aims to bridge the gap between admissions and enrollment through:
- Automatic messages sent to admitted targeted minority students
- Responses to questions from prospective students
- Summer mixers for SROP, incoming students
- Annual ODIF Welcome to help new students meet each other and learn about resources
- Indirect – building graduate community that students tell family/friends about
ODIF creates spaces to help diverse students build community by providing learning and professional development opportunities.