Topics Map > Campus Services > E-Learning > Canvas
Engage - Troubleshooting
This document summarizes Engage troubleshooting for students and instructors along with instructions on who to contact for assistance.
Trouble accessing eTexts on Engage?
Try the following:
- Use only Firefox or Chrome. If you're already using one of these, try accessing Engage with the other browser.
- Clear your browser cache.
- Enable cookies.
- Verify you have Internet access (review the "Internet" section in this document for specific internet-related troubleshooting steps).
- Close other tabs and windows on your screen, and disable extensions.
- Do not set a bookmark or shortcut outside of the class site.
- Check UW-Madison Outages for any outage notices.
Note: This is eText specific. If you’re using a publisher digital learning tool (DLT), you will not be accessing the materials through the Engage eReader. Please contact the publisher with any questions or support requests. If you have issues with access, do not purchase it from the publisher directly. Let them know in your support ticket that you have purchased access through UW-Madison’s Engage program.
Access differs between eTexts and DLTs. If you are using an eText only, your students will access the materials through the Engage eReader. If you are using a DLT, your students will access the materials through the publisher’s third party tool. Please ensure you and they are using the correct access point.
- In Canvas, verify you've enabled the Engage tool, and you haven't inadvertently hidden it. If you haven't enabled the Engage tool please see Engage - Set-Up/Preparation for Instructors using an Engage eText.
- Make sure that you do not crosslist a Canvas course using Engage with a Canvas course that is not using Engage. If you have any concerns about crosslisting your course, please contact the DoIT Help Desk for further assistance. Directions on crosslisting a course are available in Canvas - Crosslisting/Merging a Canvas Course (UW-Madison).
For support questions
Please contact the DoIT Help Desk:
If Help Desk staff are unable to resolve your issue, they will escalate your issue to the appropriate consultants.
If you are using publisher Digital Learning Tools (DLTs) like Pearson Mastering Physics and MyLab or Cengage MindTap support is provided directly from the publisher. More information on where to get DLT support is available in this KB doc next to the publisher name under "Support Notes".
There are some functions in the Engage eReader that are not accessible to students with disabilities. If you would like further assistance, please contact the DoIT Help Desk or the McBurney Disability Resource Center.