Topics Map > OS and Desktop Applications > Applications
Topics Map > Campus Services > Campus Software Library
Adobe Creative Cloud - Logging in with Your UW-Madison Account
This document describes how to sign in to Adobe Creative Cloud with the UW-Madison enterprise license. This article applies to faculty/staff users covered under our site license as well as students who have requested access for classes or campus jobs (for eligible students, see here: Adobe Creative Cloud - Student Subscription FAQ).
How do I access Adobe Creative Cloud?
Download the Creative Cloud Desktop app here: Adobe Creative Cloud
Note: Using the Creative Cloud Desktop app downloaded from Adobe on your computer requires administrative rights. UW-Madison IT staff can build installation packages that don't require admin rights. DoIT VIP customers can use Departmental Support - Self-Service Options to install without needing admin rights.
How do I sign in to Adobe Creative Cloud with the UW-Madison license?
After you download, install, and launch the Creative Cloud Desktop app, you'll be presented with the Sign In screen.
- Type your NetID email (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Email address field and click the blue Continue button. Do not use your email@example.com email address.
- UW-Madison's NetID login screen will open, and you will log in with your NetID and NetID password.
- After you finish logging in with your NetID, you'll be returned to the Creative Cloud Desktop app with your available applications displayed. From there, you can install, update, or open the apps.
- If at any point you're presented with a choice between Personal Account and Company or School Account when signing in, choose Company or School Account (see image below).
Your Adobe Federated account is completely separate from any other Adobe accounts you may have, even if prior Adobe accounts use your firstname.lastname@example.org email address. If you do have a prior Adobe account under your email@example.com email address, you'll be presented with a choice between Personal Account and Company or School Account when signing in. To access your Federated Account, choose Company or School Account.
Adobe Creative Cloud storage capacity
Always back up your files. Never store the only copy of a file in the cloud storage associated with your Creative Cloud subscription.
Please contact your IT support staff for assistance in backing up UW files, or follow this document for advice on backing up your personal files: Computing at UW - Backing up Your Personal Data.
Storage capacity is the 100 GB for UW-Madison licensed users and this cannot be increased. If you need a large amount of Adobe cloud storage, you can look into the individual Photography plan option at this link: Individual pricing plans. IMPORTANT NOTE: This will not integrate with your UW Adobe account and is a separate personal account. The cloud storage is not shared between them. There is no way to increase your UW Adobe cloud storage.
Tips for troubleshooting common login issues
- The Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app displays a "You don't have access to manage apps" message
- Adobe Creative Cloud - All applications in the desktop app are listed as trial versions
- White or Blank Screen When Installing Creative Cloud with Federated ID on Mac
- Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to uninstall, completely remove all vestiges of previous Creative Cloud installations, and reinstall
- When launching Acrobat on a Mac, you receive an error message that includes the words, "The serial number 1591[...] is already in use by the maximum allowed computers."
- Your Adobe Acrobat license expires on 29/2/2020 Error
- Known Issues Related to Temporary Student Access, including the Try or Buy prompt when launching Acrobat DC