Topics Map > Namecoach
Namecoach - Overview [UW-Madison]
What is NameCoach?
NameCoach is a cloud based service that allows you to record your name in your own voice. The recordings are available inside of Canvas, natively, via the NameCoach Roster.
Please see the NameCoach Canvas integration article on the UW-Madison Information Technology website for a more detailed description of Namecoach.
Tool Functionality Details
- To record your name, log into Canvas and click on your Account from the left side menu, then select NameCoach Recording.
- You can send the recordings over by one of three methods:
- Web Recorder
- Phone Call
- Upload a file
- To listen to the recording of others' names, click on NameCoach Roster from the left side menu inside of your courses.
- You can login to the NameCoach Website and use the Namebadge to add the recording to your Outlook Signature. (Namecoach - Add NameBadge to Email Signature [UW-Madison])
- NameCoach has an API that can be used to add recordings to other systems around Campus. More information about this will be made available.
- SMPH used the NameBadge feature to record pronunciations, which they now include in email signatures.
- Namecoach in Canvas to allows students, instructors, and staff to pronounce names properly during interactions.
See Namecoach - Getting Started [UW-Madison] for details on how to get started with Namecoach.