Topics Map > Media Delivery > Kaltura > Kaltura Getting Started
Topics Map > Media Delivery > Kaltura > MediaSpace > Media Editing Tools
Kaltura - Media Collaboration - Changing Media Ownership, Adding Editors and Publishers
This document covers the attributes of UW-Madison Kaltura Mediaspace's collaborators feature. With the collaborators feature, you are able to designate other users as owners, co-editors, and co-publishers of your media items. This is extremely beneficial if you work in a collaborative environment in which other people might need to manipulate or post media for you. An example of this might involve an instructor uploading a media item and then designating a local support person as a co-editor and/or co-publisher so that person can embed the content in a learning management system or departmental website.
For more information on the collaboration feature, permissions granted to co-editors/publishers, and how to add people as co-editors/publishers, please see the Kaltura document located here: https://knowledge.kaltura.com/media-collaboration. To access
- Launch Chrome or Firefox, go to Kaltura MediaSpace, and login: mediaspace.wisc.edu. If you need more information on how to log in to MediaSpace please see Kaltura - How to Log in to Kaltura MediaSpace (UW-Madison) .
- Click on your name or the person silhouette icon in the upper right corner and click My Media:
- Search for or scroll until you find the video you want to edit.
Click on the media’s Edit button which looks like a pencil:
- Click the Collaboration tab.
- Click Change media owner to change the media owner, or the + Add Collaborator to add a co-editor or co-publisher to the media item. You can add a person by name or NetID - we suggest you use the person's NetID. The person needs to have logged into Kaltura MediaSpace at least once to be available to be added.
- The person you are trying to add must have logged into Kaltura MediaSpace at least once in order for you to be able to find a person and add them as a collaborator. If the user has not logged in at least once, you will get an error message: "Error: user does not exist". Once you've confirmed the user has logged into http://mediaspace.wisc.edu/ try adding them to the channel again.
- If you would like to retain access to media but change ownership from you to someone else, make sure you add yourself as a co-editor/publisher before changing the owner.
Only Kaltura administrators can update the co-owners or co-publishers of multiple media items at a time. To request updates to multiple media items, see Kaltura - Requesting Bulk Changes (UW-Madison).