Topics Map > HelioCampus AC
Topics Map > Learning Analytics for Learn@UW
HelioCampus AC - Eval - Survey Questions - Adding course section specific questions (Instructor) [UW-Madison]
As an instructor, you can only create questions on your HelioCampus AC survey if these conditions are met:
- You are listed as an Instructor for your course in HelioCampus AC.
- Your Academic Contact set aside a section for instructor questions on your evaluation.
- Your evaluation will not be released to students for at least 24 hours.
Navigate to Course Section Question Designer
- Log into HelioCampus AC with your NetID credentials.
- On your HelioCampus AC Dashboard, find the My Course Sections & Syllabi module.
- Find the course section for which you would like to add questions. Select the blue pencil icon to make edits.
- You will be brought to your Course Sections page. Select Survey Questions from the left menu bar.
- If you have not yet created any questions, you will see the No Course Section Survey Questions have been added message. Click the blue Let's Begin button.
- Select the blue Edit button on the upper right side of the page.
Create a New Survey Question
On the course section question designer page:
- Click the blue + button to the right of your course section name.
- Select the type of question you would like to create from the left panel of the Add Question box. See HelioCampus AC - Eval Survey Form - Question types, settings, and configurations (Admin and Instructor) [UW-Madison] for descriptions of each question type.
- Add your question text and, for multiple choice questions, your designated responses.
- Use the blue Save button to save the question.
Create a Matrix Question
Course and instructor-type matrix questions function differently than other question types. To create a matrix question:
- Create all of the Multiple Choice or Instructor Multiple Choice questions that you wish to use in the matrix. The questions must have the same answer options to be grouped together.
- Press the gear icon at the bottom left of the first question in the matrix. Select the Configure button located next to the matrix question checkbox.
- A pop-up will appear in which you can add a matrix title and select the Multiple Choice questions that you wish to include in the matrix.
- To remove a matrix, select the gear icon, uncheck the box to the left of Matrix Question, then press the blue check to confirm the change.
Edit or Copy an Existing Survey Question
You will see a list of the questions you have created so far on the course section question designer page.
Publish Survey Questions
You must publish your questions at least one day before the survey is scheduled to go out. Questions that have not been published and questions that have been published after the deadline will not appear on your survey.
- After you have added all of your questions, click the blue Exit button in the top right corner of the course section question designer page. If you had previously added questions, just click on Survey Questions within the Course Section.
- You will see a warning that your questions aren't published. If you are done adding and editing questions, click the red Publish Questions button.
- You will be asked to confirm that you want to publish your questions. Note that once they have been published, you will not be able to edit your questions or to add any additional questions. Click Publish to continue.
- Once you have successfully published your questions, the warning message will be replaced by a notification that you have published your questions.