that undergraduate students admitted to the School of Nursing may be eligible to receive a Top Hat subscription free of charge. For details, please refer to
Top Hat provides extensive, very helpful support documentation about their product. Please see their support website
for documentation, including tutorials, that will show you how to log on and get started with Top Hat.
Instructors interested in using Top Hat have several options for getting started:
- For extensive product documentation, including tutorials, please see the Top Hat Success Center.
- For ideas about how to use Top Hat in your course, please contact DoIT Academic Technology's learning technology consultants at email@example.com or (608) 262-5667.
- For information about UW-Madison's agreement with Top Hat, including pricing questions, departments/courses already using Top Hat, policies, concerns, and so on, please contact DoIT Academic Technology at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 262-5667.
Top Hat is a cloud-based software-only SRS product, free of charge to instructors. Students are required to purchase a subscription in order to use the product. Purchasing a subscription enables a student to use Top Hat with an unlimited number of active courses (courses occurring during the subscription period).
UW-Madison students receive reduced subscription prices for Top Hat:
- One semester (4 months) - $16 (This option cannot be upgraded to a year.)
- One year (12 months) - $20
- Lifetime (5 years) - $54
When purchasing a subscription, you'll have the opportunity to select the duration of your choice. UW-Madison reduced pricing will be shown during the purchase process.
Additional information for School of Nursing students
that undergraduate students admitted to the School of Nursing may be eligible to receive a Top Hat subscription free of charge. For details, please refer to this site
Getting Product Support
If you have questions or are having technical difficulty with Top Hat, please contact them at their Success Center
or by phone at (888) 663-5491.
Complying with UW-Madison Policies When Using Top Hat