Topics Map > Curricular Services
Topics Map > Student Information System (SIS)
SIS - General Assignment (GA) Classroom Procedures Post-Publication
This page is a guide for campus curricular representatives who are responsible for building and maintaining the Schedule of Classes for their departments in the Student Information System (SIS). It details how to request and swap General Assignment classrooms using SIS and 25Live after the Schedule of Classes has been published.
Requests for a new GA classroom assignment must be initiated in SIS by updating the Facility ID. This can be updated on the Meetings tab of Maintain Schedule of Classes for non-combined sections and on Schedule Class Meetings for combined sections.
After the Schedule of Classes is published, LYNX (the transactional interface between SIS and 25Live Pro) is always processing in the background and will capture changes made in SIS to Facility ID, time, day, or requested room capacity. LYNX's updates do not happen in real time but typically are made within a few minutes of the triggering change.
IMPORTANT: Because LYNX is attempting to sync 25Live Pro with SIS, when a room (i.e., Facility ID) change is made, it will drop the old room and try to assign the new room. LYNX will remove the old room even if the new room is not available. This also happens when entering "0000 GA RM" since the old room is no longer displaying in SIS. Curricular Services cannot guarantee the old room assignment back if a new assignment is unable to be made.
Requesting any GA Classroom
- Enter 0000 GA RM in the Facility ID field in SIS.
- Curricular Services will then assign a room based on the requested room characteristics, room capacity, and organization profile.
- A confirmation email will be sent when the new room is assigned.
Requesting a Specific GA Classroom
- Curricular Reps should use 25Live Pro to view classroom availability. The Class Facility Usage page in SIS may also be used, but it will not reflect any special events or room blocks entered in 25Live Pro.
- Once a specific room is determined to be available, enter the Facility ID in SIS. LYNX will capture this update and will make the assignment in 25Live Pro if the room is available.
- A confirmation email will not be sent for these automatic assignments.
- If the specific room is not available, Curricular Services will assign the best available room and send a confirmation email.
- All parties involved in a room swap should update the Facility IDs in SIS. Send an email to your main contact in Curricular Services with these updates. LYNX may or may not process the entire swap successfully on its own, so it needs to be monitored carefully!
- For more complicated swaps involving multiple classes, it is recommended that curricular reps not make the changes themselves and instead work with Curricular Services to ensure that all room changes are fully processed and saved in both SIS and 25Live Pro.
- Note: This guidance also applies to any internal classroom swaps that you make within your own subject. Swaps are not complete until room assignment data on all involved sections matches in SIS and 25Live. Failure to notify Curricular Services of any and all swaps may result in mismatched data and uninvolved parties securing your preferred room. Curricular Services cannot guarantee the resolution of a swap if you do not promptly notify us after making the Facility ID updates in SIS.