OnCore: Integration Program
What is the OnCore Integration Program?
There are currently two separate instances of OnCore on the UW-Madison campus:
- Oncology instance run by the UW Carbone Cancer Center
- Non-oncology instance run by ICTR for all other departments
This project combines the OnCore support teams to provide a centralized resource for all OnCore users.
This project also presents several opportunities to improve clinical trials research through OnCore at UW including:
- Move to vendor provided infrastructure for system support.
- We will move the existing Oncology data (over 20 years worth) to a new instance on vendor servers.
- Host Oncology & Non-oncology protocols in a single instance of OnCore.
- After the successful move of the Oncology data, the single instance can begin hosting new non-oncology protocols.
- Then active non-oncology protocols will start being migrated into the new single instance.
- Expand system integrations
- Health Link - additional features to enhance this connection
- Regulatory (eBinders) system
- REDCap for electronic data capture (EDC)
- Centralize reporting for all clinical trials at UW.
What will change for OnCore users?
Some of the changes include:
- New OnCore Support Help Desk Portal (JIRA) for both Oncology & Non-Oncology.
- Updated knowledgebase help documentation with combined information.
- Oncology and Non-oncology users will enter ALL NEW PROTOCOLS into the new instance after the Oncology data moves to vendor managed infrastructure.
- This means some non-oncology users will log into two separate systems to access various studies for a short time while the merge is in progress.
- Protocols continuing beyond 12 months will be migrated to the new instance.
- Discontinue building OnCore eCRFs and move electronic data capture to ICTR REDCap.
These changes will be rolled out in phases. See section below which outlines each of the phases and the planned timeline.
For detailed information on what is changing for users see documents below:
Changes for Oncology users: Oncology WISC Changes
Changes for Non-oncology users: Non-oncology WISC Changes
Watch a video of our Informational Session on moving from Non-oncology to WISC OnCore here: https://mediaspace.wisc.edu/media/OnCore+Single+Instance/1_wqztwrra
What will NOT change for OnCore users?
Those items that will remain the same include:
- OnCore login will be connected to your UW NetID and login will remain the same.
- Quality user support is available for all research staff!