OnCore is a centralized Clinical Trial Management System (CTMS) that allows researchers to use one program to manage all components of clinical research while maintaining consistency and compliance across the institution.
Historically, there were two versions of OnCore used at UW-Madison:
- Institute for Clinical and Translational Research (UW-ICTR) instance for Non-oncology protocols
- Carbone Cancer Center (UW-CCC) for Oncology protocols
Going forward, protocols will be merged into a Single Instance known as the WISC Instance for both Oncology and Non-oncology protocols.
For more information see:OnCore: Integration Program
If you have questions about how to use OnCore you can search the KB using the search tool at the top of this screen or contact our support team here: OnCore Support Help Desk Portal
When is OnCore required?
Protocols that meet any of the following criteria must be entered into OnCore:
- Protocols that use University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics (UWHC) (including the Clinical Research Unit - CRU) or University of Wisconsin Medical Foundation (UWMF) services, facilities or staff in which the services result in a UWHC or UWMF charge on the patient’s account.
- Therapeutic intervention protocols being conducted within the auspices of UW-Madison or the UW-Madison Affiliated Covered Entity (ACE) that involve the use of:
- Drugs (including over the counter medications, vitamins, herbals, and supplements)
- Biologics (including vaccines and stem cells)
- Radiation therapy or medical imaging
Other Data Capture Resources
Study teams which would like to capture study data can also use REDCap: REDCap: Overview .>
What functionality does OnCore have?
OnCore supports a wide range of functions to enable the investigator and study team to meet study, subject and data management expectations and financial and billing requirements.
- Protocol management
- Track enrollment and safety (adverse event and deviation tracking)
- Interface with Health Link
- Subject visit management
- Supports budget development, invoicing, and fiscal management
- Reports for study teams and program managers including accrual reports and NIH progress report demographics information.
Who is responsible for creating and maintaining protocols in OnCore?
Protocol Creation is dependent upon the protocol type:
- Oncology related protocols:
- All cancer-related studies conducted at the University of Wisconsin must be reviewed by UW-Carbone Cancer Center Protocol Review and Monitoring Committee (PRMC) scientific review committee prior to study activation.
- Other Research Groups (ORGs) - groups conducting cancer-related research studies that are not part of UWCCC should work with the UW-CCC PRMC coordinator. Questions related to the PRMC review process, please call (608) 263-0169 or email the PRMC at email@example.com
- All other protocols - Non-oncology: