Topics Map > VoIP Service > Voicemail
Cisco VoIP - Change voicemail greetings in the portal
Your voicemail account settings can be customized through the web browser. Click the Settings button to open the Messaging Assistant page.
Cisco Unity Connection allows subscribers to define Standard, Alternate, Busy, Internal, Closed and Holiday greetings.
- Alternate - This can be used for out-of-office greetings. You can put an end date on this greeting. After the end date, your greeting will return to your standard greeting
- Busy - This greeting will be heard when your line is busy.
- Internal - This greeting will be heard by other users on from the UW-Madison Cisco system.
- Closed - Don't use this. We do not have closed hours in the voicemail system as some university positions are staffed after standard hours. Therefore, there is no reason to record these greetings as they will never be heard.
- Standard - This is the default greeting that will be heard if you do not record any of the other options
- Holiday - Don't use this. We do not have closed hours in the voicemail system as some university positions are staffed on holidays. Therefore, there is no reason to record these greetings as they will never be heard.
Please note that a caller will be able to leave a message no matter which greeting is active. Preventing a user from leaving a message is not configurable by users. If you need to prevent callers from leaving a message, a voicemail administrator can configure that for you. Please contact the DoIT Help Desk at least one week in advance.