Cisco VoIP - Voicemail Portal Sign in and Overview
Cisco VoIP uses a different voicemail system than Centrex did. You will need to record your greeting(s) in the new system. Your messages saved in the old system will NOT transfer to the new system.
Overview of how to sign in to voicemail for Cisco VoIP
Access the Cisco Unity Voicemail Portal
- Verify you are connected to the campus network, either through a wired or wireless connection (such as UWNet). If you are off-campus, first connect to WiscVPN per these instructions:WiscVPN - Connecting with the GlobalProtect (PaloAlto) Client
- You may need to sign in with your NetID and password
- You can also access your voicemail through any telephone, see Cisco VoIP - Accessing voicemail from a telephone
- This portal will not work for shared (not assigned to a specific named person) voicemail account. You can access shared voicemail from a phone. If you would like to have email notification for a shared account, please create a DoIT Help Desk ticket.
- We recommend using a browser such as Chrome or Firefox. The portal does not work well with Internet Explorer.
After signing in, your inbox will be displayed
- Message playback, see Cisco VoIP - Playing voicemail messages in the portal
- Replying or sending voicemail messages, see Cisco VoIP - Replying and sending voicemail messages in the portal
- Managing folders, see Cisco VoIP - Managing folders in the voicemail portal
- Personal preferences, see Cisco VoIP - Changing your personal preferences in the voicemail portal
- Changing your voicemail PIN, see Cisco VoIP - Changing Voicemail PIN
- Setting up email notifcations, see Cisco VoIP - Email notification of new voicemail messages
- Changing greetings, see Cisco VoIP - Change voicemail greetings in the portal