Student Hourly - Determine When Your Student Can Start Work
Once a job offer is approved by the Administrative Services Unit (ASU) Office of Human Resources (OHR), the student employee will receive an automated email with next steps. They will need to accept the job offer and complete the required paperwork from ASU OHR BEFORE they can begin employment.
- Hires will be processed at the start of an upcoming pay period. ASU OHR will confirm a start date once the request is received. Please allow up to 2.5 weeks to process.
- ASU OHR requires that Madison-based student employees complete New Employee Orientation (I-9, payroll forms, and timesheet training) before their first day of work.
- Students not located in Madison are required to complete their I-9s with their assigned onboarding coordinator within the first three days of work. They will receive an email from ASU Payroll prior to their start date with onboarding information.
- If your student hire requires a Criminal Background Check (CBC) this may delay the start date.
- ASU OHR will send you an email notification and will update the applicant's status to "HR Processing Complete" once the student has been cleared to start work.