Graduate Assistant - Request a Criminal Background Check
Gradate Assistant positions will always require a background check. The applicant(s) will need to pass a CBC prior to being offered a job. The CBC will be conducted by ASU.
- Graduate Assistant positions will always require a background check
- The hiring manager must request a CBC by changing the applicant’s status to “Background Check” and sending the email notification to the HR Divisional Rep, email@example.com.
- The Student Jobs Platform does not have any background check capabilities.
- ASU OHR will know to initiate the background check when the notification is sent.
- Background checks are processed through UW-Madison’s third party provider, HireRight.
- Refer to UW-Madison Criminal Background Check Policy
- Once the results from HireRight are returned firstname.lastname@example.org will notify the Hiring Manager.
- ASU will change the applicant's status to "Background Check Successful" and instruct the hiring manager to proceed with creating the offer if the applicant has passed the background check.
Instructions to Request a Background Check
- Select the box next to the applicant’s name you want to create the offer for. Then select the drop down under “Select a bulk Action” and chose “Bulk Move.”
- Select “Background Check”
- “Background Check” status does not have the emails turned on for other users. To notify other users in the system you must check the yes radio button and check the box next to HR Divisional Rep.
- Select yes next to “Update job status from Interviewing to Background checking.” Click the move now button and it will move the applicant into the Background Check status.