Activity: Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Livestock: Best practices and Emerging Options
The goal of this activity is to discuss the internationally recognized practices that would contribute to reducing emissions from Livestock Operations.
- Please identify yourself in the Table below and read the details of the options you have been assigned to.
- Then, write at least one short entry on the appropriate "discussion board" highlighting from your perspective the relative merit of the option for organic milk producers and conventional milk producers (use one post per "main idea" if the 500 character limit is constraining). Is this an option we should recommend in our case-study report? Would the option be of equal value for both system or would it give a (competitive?) advantage to a system versus the other?
- Discussion board for Feed and Nutrition
- Discussion board for Animal Genetics and Breeding
- Discussion board for Rumen Modification
- Discussion board for Animal Health
- Discussion board for Manure Management
- Discussion board for Grassland Management
- Please come to class prepared to explain how this option would reduce emission, and justify your assessment of its relative merit for organic and conventional dairy producers.
|Adeline Wells||Grassland Management||Pages 28-30|
|Fei Sun||Feed and Nutrition||Pages 8-11|
|Jordan Ebert||Animal Genetics and Breeding||Pages 12-15|
|Jeremy Latournel||Rumen Modification||Pages 16-18|
|Tim Allen||Animal Health||Pages 20-22|
|Chelsea Zegler||Manure Management||Pages 24-26|
|Alisha Bower||Grassland Management||Pages 28-30|
|Douglas Lee||Feed and Nutrition||Pages 8-11|
|Jordan DeLong||Animal Genetics and Breeding||Pages 12-15|
|Will Mulhern||Rumen Modification||Pages 16-18|
|Gabriel Orduna||Animal Health||Pages 20-22|
|Aida Farrokh||Manure Management||Pages 24-26|
|Di Liang||Grassland Management||Pages 28-30|
|Ryan Horsen||Feed and Nutrition||Pages 8-11|
|Soo Kim||Animal Genetics and Breeding||Pages 12-15|
|Claire Campbell||Rumen Modification||Pages 16-18|
|Monica Daane||Animal Health||Pages 20-22|
|Rachel Carlson||Manure Management||Pages 24-26|
|Nicole Cancel||Grassland Management||Pages 28-30|
|Julia Prieto||Feed and Nutrition||Pages 8-11|