Set up your profile
In the top right corner of the Slate Homepage, you'll encounter a small circular person icon, which is your Profile. We do not suggest making many changes to your profile, there are a few options you have:
- Add a personal Avatar (picture)
- Toggle in-and-out of Beta UI (which is discussed in more detail below)
- Adjust some settings, such as switching between light mode (first screen in the image below) and dark mode (second screen in the image below)
Using Beta UI
Slate is currently working on improving its user interface, calling the new view Beta UI. The versions of the current interface and Beta UI are not drastically different, but we anticipate that the Beta UI may become the default user interface soon — so you may want to check it out. A few features include a wider screen and more detailed submenu options.
To switch to the Beta UI, follow the directions below:
- Select your profile icon in the top right-hand corner of the Slate interface
- In the dropdown menu that appears, select Toggle Beta UI
The change to your Slate user interface will be immediate and can be changed back to the classic view using the same directions above.