Topics Map > Media Delivery > Kaltura > MediaSpace
Topics Map > LMS > Canvas > Canvas - Known Issues
Kaltura Capture - Installation
This document describes the system requirements for Kaltura Capture and how to install it.
Recordings from either software will continue to exist in Kaltura MediaSpace after June 2019. If you're interested in recording your screen or webcam with Kaltura Capture make sure your machine meets Kaltura Capture's minimum specifications:
| Hardware / Software:
| Operating System:
Windows 7 - 10 (64 bit) and above
Mac OSX 10.10 and above
|Memory:|| 4 GB RAM
|| 1 GB minimum available (we recommend 10 GB available)
|Processor:|| Minimum Intel i5
Installing Kaltura Capture
Installing Kaltura Capture on Windows screencast (2 min, 20 sec)
Installing Kaltura Capture on Mac OSX screencast (2 min, 28 sec)
Installing Kaltura Capture step-by-step directions
You will need administrator rights to install Kaltura Capture. If you don't have admin rights, contact your department's IT professional. If your machine meets the minimum specifications and you have admin rights you can install Kaltura Capture by following these directions:
- Launch Chrome or Firefox and go to Kaltura MediaSpace: mediaspace.wisc.edu. If you need more information on how to log in to MediaSpace please see Kaltura - How to Log in to Kaltura MediaSpace (UW-Madison) .
- Click Add New → Kaltura Capture:
- A new window will display which says “The Kaltura Capture Desktop Recorder”. Near the bottom text reads “Using Kaltura Capture for the first time?” with links for both the Windows installer and the Mac installer. Click the link for the installer you want to use:
- Once the installer is downloaded, find the downloaded file.
- In Windows double click the installer file to launch the installer. Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
- In OSX drag the Personal Capture icon to the Applications folder of your machine.
- You can go back to mediaspace.wisc.edu and select Add New → Kaltura Capture and it will launch the app, or:
- You can launch it from your programs or applications menu in Windows or OSX.
Once you've successfully installed Kaltura Capture please refer to Kaltura Capture - Recording your screen or webcam with Kaltura Capture from Kaltura MediaSpace for more information on using it to record your screen or webcam.