Topics Map > HelioCampus AC
HelioCampus AC - DESL - Reports [UW-Madison]
Instructors may view DESL reports at anytime.
- Log into Canvas and navigate to your course.
- Select Direct Evidence of Student Learning (HelioCampus AC) from the course navigation menu.
- It takes about 10 seconds to make the connection to the Assignment Linking page. Once connected the following screen appears showing all learning outcomes associated with this course section. You have previously completed the linking and you now want to view reports.
- Click on the three horizontal lines (hamburger) to open the HelioCampus AC menu.
- Select Assessment Data
- Next select either aggregate or individual results.
Individual results will provide you with the results for each student by learning outcome.
If you click on one of the outcome performance level numbers at the cross-section of student and outcome, a menu containing additional details will open on the right displaying the rubric criteria, assignment weighting, comments, and artifact, when available:
The aggregate results provide a view of aggregated student outcome assessment data by outcome.
You may toggle this screen by the type of outcome by selecting one of the option at the top right.
You can also dis-aggregate the data by the student major/degree by using the By Degree drop-down item at the top right. Additional details are found in Show details at the bottom right of the outcome.
You may click on each assignment to reveal any additional data. Such as assignment rubric criteria or quiz questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions about DESL.