Topics Map > VoIP Service > Voicemail
Cisco VoIP - Replying and sending voicemail messages in the portal
Reply to a Voice Message
When sending, responding or forwarding a message, the message may be marked as follows:
- Urgent: The message is sent before regular messages.
- Private: Alerts the recipient to treat the message confidentially and disables forwarding of the message.
- Read Receipt: The subscriber is notified when the recipient opens the message.
- Reply all: Respond with a voice message to all who received the message and are Cisco Unity Connection subscribers.
- Forward: Send the message to another subscriber and/or distribution list. Messages marked private are restricted from forwarding.
- Delete: Move the message to the Delete folder.
- Mark unread: Mark the message as unread. This presents the message as new.
Send a Voicemail Message
Messages may be sent to other subscribers, public and private distribution lists. To address messages to other subscribers, enter the subscriber name or primary extension.Voice messages can only be sent to users with a voicemail account on the Cisco Unity Connection voicemail system. Please note this send the message to the person's voicemail, not to their email.1. Select the New Message button.
a. Phone: pick up the handset when the phone rings, wait for the tone, then speak into the handset; ORb. Computer: Using a microphone connected to the computer, speak into the microphone.
Note: Recording through the browser is supported in the following browsers:• Firefox (Windows and MacOS)• Chrome (Windows and MacOS)• Microsoft Edge (Windows only)Recording through the browser also requires the Flash plugin
6. Finish recording by selecting the Stop Recording button.
7. To review the message before sending, select the Play Recording button.
8. Select the Send button.