Cisco VoIP - Changing Voicemail PIN
How to change your voicemail personal identification number (PIN).
When changing a phone PIN, follow the security guidelines provided by the Cisco Unity Connection administrator. In general, shorter PINs are easier to use, but longer PINs are more secure, especially using a nontrivial PIN. The phone PIN must be at least five digits long.
A nontrivial PIN means:
- The PIN is not the same as previous PINs.
- The digits are not all the same (for example, 99999).
- The digits are not consecutive (for example, 12345).
- The PIN is not the same as the extension.
- The PIN does not spell the subscribers name.
- Password cannot contain digits that are dialed in a straight line on a keypad
- Password cannot contain repeated groups of three or more numbers
1. Log into Cisco Personal Communications Assistant (PCA) Messaging Assistant: https://nsas-pucxn-01.doit.wisc.edu/ciscopca/home.do.KNOWN ISSUE: You will be unable to change your PIN if you are logged into LastPass in your browser. Please log out or open another browser to change your PIN.KNOWN ISSUE: Do not access this through Settings in your Web Inbox; please us link below.
2. Select Messaging Assistant
3. Select Passwords/Change PIN
4. Enter New PIN
5. Confirm New PIN
6. Select the Save button