Topics Map > Content Authoring > Content Authoring Phase 3 Pilot
Content Authoring Phase 3 Pilot - Fall 2017
In Fall 2018 campus will run a pilot to look at alternative tools for Case Scenario Critical Reader (CSCR). This document describes the pilot, the tools used in the pilot, and how to get help.
Articulate Storyline and Adobe CaptivateBoth Articulate Storyline and Adobe Captivate are best suited for case scenario activities. Articulate Storyline needs to be purchased but Adobe Captivate can be installed by your departmental support if you want to author your own activities. An example case scenario may look similar to this:
Learning modules created in Storyline and Captivate need to be loaded into the pilot's WordPress instance. WordPress has a special plugin installed which will send learning analytics to Learning Locker (see below). The aggregate grade from Storyline or Captivate can be sent to Canvas. The module in WordPress will need to be connected to an assignment in the instructor's Canvas course.
PressbooksPressbooks is a good option for an instructor who wants to create critical readers. Interactive activities can be designed with the H5P plugin. H5P analytics will be sent to the Learning Locker (see below). The aggregate grade from a Pressbooks module will be sent to Canvas. An example critical reader built in Pressbooks may look similar to this:
Learning Locker Learning Record StoreThe pilot is using Learning Locker as the Learning Record Store (LRS) for the pilot. A LRS is where all the data on how a student interacted with your learning module is sent. Learning Locker is where you'll go if you want to see more detail on why a student got a certain grade from a learning module.
SupportFor support on your pilot learning modules and their integration with Canvas or the LRS please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and include a link to the module you or your students are having trouble with, along with a link to your Canvas course. Include your operating system version and browser version. At this time dedicated training and support on the content authoring tools themselves and the LRS is not available.
- Case Scenario Critical Reader - Alternative Tools (UW-Madison)
- Content Authoring Phase 3 Pilot - Fall 2017 - Pressbooks
- Content Authoring Phase 3 Pilot - Fall 2017 - Storyline
- Content Authoring Phase 3 Pilot - Fall 2017 - Captivate
- Content Authoring Phase 3 Pilot - Fall 2017 - Exporting data from Learning Locker and working with the data in Excel
- Content Authoring Phase 3 Pilot - Fall 2017 - Uploading a Storyline or Captivate module to WordPress, and configuring a Canvas assignment to get the grade passed back
- Content Authoring Phase 3 Pilot - Fall 2017 - Sending a grade from a Storyline or Captivate module in WordPress to Canvas