Topics Map > Employee Handbook > 1.11 Travel & Reimbursement
Topics Map > Employee Handbook > 1.15 Emergency Procedures & Risk Management
Topics Map > Supervisor Toolkit > 2.6 Emergency Procedures & Risk Management
Topics Map > Operational Support Resources > 4.7 Human Resources
Topics Map > Employee Handbook > 1.3 Onboarding > 1.3.1 All New Employees
Risk Management - Driver Authorization - Become an Authorized Driver
UW-Madison travel policy requires that every driver be authorized in order to drive any vehicle on UW business. Refer to the instructions below to become an authorized driver for Extension.
UW-Madison travel policy requires that every driver be authorized in order to drive any vehicle on UW business. This applies to fleet vehicles, rentals, and personally owned vehicles. Extension drivers must be authorized before driving any vehicles on UW business. Travel expense reports for mileage, car rentals, and parking will not be reimbursable if the driver is not authorized prior to travel as outline in 320 Expense Reimbursement Policy.
How to Get Authorized
- Go to the Fleet Portal https://fleetportal.wi.gov/my.policy.
- Login with your UW-Madison NetID and password.
- Follow the step by step instructions with screenshots.
- Review the crosswalk to determine which UW UDDS Code code you will need to select in your Vehicle Use Agreement (VUA). You will select one of the following codes based on your DeptID (review the crosswalk to see which to select).
- UA471000 - MSN\EXTENS\DEAN'S OFF\DEAN'S OFF
- UA472800 - MSN\EXTENS\NORTH\ASSISTANT DEAN
- UA472900 - MSN\EXTENS\SOUTH\ASSISTANT DEAN
- UA473000 - MSN\EXTENS\ANRCD\AG, NR & COMM DEV
- UA473100 - MSN\EXTENS\ANRCD\AGR\AGR OFFC INST DIR
- UA473200 - MSN\EXTENS\ANRCD\NR\NR OFFC INST DIR
- UA473400 - MSN\EXTENS\YFH\YTH FAM & HEALTH
- UA473500 - MSN\EXTENS\ANRCD\COMM\COMM DEV OFFC DIR
- UA473600 - MSN\EXTENS\YFH\HEALTH\HEALTH & WELLB DIR
- UA473700 - MSN\EXTENS\YFH\HUMDEVREL\HUMDEVREL DIR
- UA473800 - MSN\EXTENS\YFH\YOUTH\YOUTH OFFC INST DIR
- UA473830 - MSN\EXTENS\YFH\YOUTH\4H\CTR FOR WI 4-H
How to Get Help
- You will need to select “UW-Madison” for your UW-Campus at the Logon page.
- You will need to select “UW-Madison” for your UW-Campus in the vehicle use agreement.
Supervisor Field of Form
- If the form does not submit with your supervisor name and email, please skip the supervisor email address and resubmit with only the supervisor name. UW-Business Services will clean up supervisor email on the back end.
- Your supervisor will be whoever you worked with to complete your performance review.
- County-Based faculty should list their Area Extension Director in this field.