Topics Map > Employee Handbook > 1.15 Emergency Procedures & Risk Management
Topics Map > Operational Support Resources > 4.7 Human Resources
Topics Map > Supervisor Toolkit > 2.6 Emergency Procedures & Risk Management > 2.6.1 Injury & Incident Reporting
Risk Management - Injury & Incident Reporting - Employee Injuries/Incidents
All work-related injuries and illnesses must be reported immediately via a Worker's compensation Claim. Employees must complete and submit the "Employee Work Injury and Illness Report" to their supervisor within 24 hours of the occurrence of the injury or illness. Supervisors must complete and submit the "Supervisor Incident Analysis and Prevention Report" to Extension HR within 1 work day of learning of an employee's work-related injury or illness.
- Reports for work-related employee injuries and illnesses will be submitted directly to UW-Madison's Office of Risk Management Worker's Compensation Coordinator.
- These claims are coordinated through the Worker's Compensation Coordinator in partnership with Divisional Human Resources (HR) Representatives.
- All necessary information and forms are found on the UW-Madison Worker's Compensation website.
- Go to the Worker's Compensation Website
- Complete the instructions under "How do I Report a Worker's Compensation Claim".
- Complete and submit the Employee Work Injury and Illness Report and submit to supervisor within 24 hours of the occurrence of the injury or illness.
Please review the Worker's Compensation Resources for Employees for more information.
Supervisors must complete and submit the Supervisor Incident Analysis and Prevention Report to email@example.com within 1 work day (8 business hours) of learning of an employee's work-related injury or illness.
They should also submit the Employee Work Injury and Illness Report that was provided to them by the employee.
Please review the Supervisor Responsibilities in the Worker's Compensation claims process for more information.
For employee injuries occurring within scope of employment, see UW-Madison Worker’s Compensation site for information and instructions on reporting.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.