Topics Map > Employee Handbook > Risk Management > Injury & Incident Reporting > Near-Miss or Unsafe Act
Risk Management - Injury & Incident Reporting - Report a Near-Miss or Unsafe Act
Extension employees should submit all near-miss/unsafe act reports using an Extension-specific SharePoint workflow.
Report a Near-Miss or Unsafe Act
Submit a report if there is an incident that:
- Did not result in property damage;
- Did not result in personal injury;
But, given a slight shift in time or position, a high-risk injury/incident could have occurred:
Instructions to Report a Near-Miss or Unsafe Act
1) Notify your Extension Supervisor
Contact your supervisor to initiate the Extension Phone Tree as soon as possible after the near-miss or unsafe act. County-based faculty should contact their Area Extension Director (AED).
2) Complete the Near-Miss Report
- Download the Near-Miss Report to your local computer. Complete the report.
- Note: If you have printed copies that you have filled out by hand, you can scan them into PDFs.
- Download the Near-Miss Report from the Business Services website.