Topics Map > Employee Handbook > Risk Management > Driver Authorization
Risk Management - Driver Authorization - Become an Authorized Driver
UW-Madison travel policy requires that every driver be authorized in order to drive any vehicle on UW business.
UW-Madison travel policy requires that every driver be authorized in order to drive any vehicle on UW business. This applies to fleet vehicles, rentals, and personally owned vehicles. Extension drivers must be authorized before driving any vehicles on UW business. Travel expense reports for mileage, car rentals, and parking will not be reimbursable if the driver is not authorized prior to travel as outline in 320 Expense Reimbursement Policy.
How to Get Authorized
How to Get Help
- You will need to select “UW-Madison” for your UW-Campus at the Logon page.
- You will need to select “UW-Madison” for your UW-Campus in the vehicle use agreement.
Supervisor Field of Form
- If the form does not submit with your supervisor name and email, please skip the supervisor email address and resubmit with only the supervisor name. UW-Business Services will clean up supervisor email on the back end.
- Your supervisor will be whoever you worked with to complete your performance review.
- County-Based faculty should list their Area Extension Director in this field.