Topics Map > Learning Analytics & Assessment > HelioCampus AC
HelioCampus AC - Eval Survey Form - Using the CLO Placeholder (Admin) [UW-Madison]
HelioCampus AC (Formerly AEFIS) administrators have the option of including a course learning outcome (CLO) question. In the evaluation students will self evaluate if they learned the outcome. There are several options for answering: prior to taking the course, after taking the course, both before and after or neither.
Adding a Course Learning Outcome (CLO) Question Placeholder to a Survey Form
- Create a new survey form, or navigate to an existing survey form.
- To create a new form, refer to HelioCampus AC - Eval Survey Form - Creating a Survey Form (Admin) [UW-Madison]
- To edit an existing form, refer to HelioCampus AC - Eval Survey Form - Editing Title and Details (Admin) [UW-Madison]
- The survey form must be in draft mode to make changes. If it has already been published, you must unpublish it. If it has already been used by a survey schedule, then you cannot unpublish it. Instead, please copy this survey form, and create a new one.
- Add questions to your Survey Form, following the normal process. See HelioCampus AC - Eval Survey Form - Creating and Editing Questions (Admin) [UW-Madison].
- If you want students to self evaluate if they learned a CLO, add the CLO placeholder. Make sure to enter descriptive text and choose to evaluate one of the following: Before taking this course, After taking this course, Before AND After taking this course, or none. Note: CLOs are stored in the course catalog using Lumen, and transfer into HelioCampus AC. If a course does not have CLOs, the evaluation will say No Course Objectives found for this question.
- The student view will list each outcome followed by the options chosen. In the sample below, the option to self evaluation "After the course" was chosen.
Note: Another option is to ask the student to rate their overall knowledge of the course learning outcome. In this scenario the better option may be Poor, Fair, Good, Excellent.
- If a course does not have CLOs, the question will appear like this example to students.