Topics Map > Learning Analytics & Assessment > AEFIS
AEFIS - Creating a Survey Template (Admin)
This document describes how to create a survey template in AEFIS. Only AEFIS administrators can create survey templates.
Creating a New Survey Template
- Log into AEFIS with your NetID credentials.
- Select the Menu button (three stacked lines) on the left side of the page to open the AEFIS main menu.
- Select Survey Templates under Surveys.
- Click the + Add Survey Template button on the right side of the page.
- Enter a name for your survey template. You will not be able to change the survey template name once the template is published, so make sure that the title adequately the template. The template title will not be visible to students.
- Select a survey type from the drop down menu.
- Student Course Evaluation: This is the most commonly used survey type. Most UW-Madison departments send out midterm and/or final course evaluations to students. Survey responses are anonymous.
- Faculty Course Evaluation: This survey type collects faculty or instructor feedback on particular courses. Surveys are not anonymous.
- General Course Evaluation: This survey can be sent to both students and instructors. They can be anonymous.
- Alumni Survey: This survey is sent to a selected group of alumni and is not anonymous. The list of survey recipients must be uploaded as a .csv file containing first name, last name, and email address.
- External Group Survey: This survey is primarily intended for courses with students who are not enrolled at UW-Madison. Surveys are not anonymous. The list of survey recipients must be uploaded as a .csv file containing first name, last name, and email address.
- Individual Student Assessment
You now have a blank survey template. To begin adding questions, see AEFIS - Creating and Editing Questions (Admin).