Topics Map > Media Delivery > Kaltura > Kaltura for Canvas
Canvas - Submitting a Video Assignment Using Kaltura (Student)
While Canvas Assignments offers an online submission type called "Media Recordings", Kaltura's My Media provides greater flexibility in regards to ownership and use of the video. This tutorial walks students through the process of using Kaltura to submit videos for a Canvas assignment.
Students: Submit Video Assignment Using Kaltura
- In your Canvas course, click either the (1) the Assignments course menu link, or (2), the link to your assignment in the Modules tool:
- If you clicked on the Assignments tool, it will display. Click on the assignment that requires embedding a Kaltura video.
- Once you are in the assignment, read the instructions and then click the Submit Assignment button:
- The Text Entry window will appear. Click the blue V button to view the More External Tools menu. Select Kaltura Media from the drop-down list:
- The Kaltura Media window displays. You can either (1) Add new media by clicking the Add New button or (2) Select media you've already uploaded by clicking the Select button:
You can also click the Gear button next to each media item to customize how your video embeds for the assignment. More information is available in Canvas - How to add or embed a video in your Canvas course using Kaltura Media (UW-Madison) .
- After you select your media, you will see a preview of your media in the text entry window:
- Add any comments you would like your professor to see in the Comments text box.
- When you are satisfied with your assignment, click the Submit Assignment button to send it to your professor.