Topics Map > Employee Handbook > 1.11 Travel & Reimbursement
Topics Map > Employee Handbook > 1.6 Benefits, Pay and Leave
Topics Map > Employee Handbook > 1.9 Professional Development
Topics Map > Operational Support Resources > 4.6 Financial Services
Topics Map > Supervisor Toolkit > 2.2 Employee Performance > 2.2.3 Professional Development
Topics Map > Operational Support Resources > 4.7 Human Resources > 4.7.4 Professional Development
Professional Development - Funds Available to Faculty & Staff
The Division of Extension is committed to professional development opportunities to support Extension faculty and staff in their professional development activities. These funds are awarded as requested and as funds are available to help faculty and staff gain knowledge, attitudes, skills and behaviors to enhance Extension education programs and services. Requests are submitted for approval via the Professional Development Funding approval site. Please see below for information on how to apply, available funds, and what types of professional development are available. There is also information on approving requests.
For Individuals Requesting Funds
Instructions for Applying
For detailed instructions on applying for funds, please read "Instructions for Individuals Requesting Funds" on the internal site.
- Navigate to the Professional Development Funding Approvals site.
- Click the "Submit New Request" button to complete the Division of Extension Professional Development Fund Application.
- Complete the form fields.
- Once you have completed the request, click 'save' at the top of the form. This will begin the approval process.
- Review the email notifications regarding the status of your request.
Criteria for Applying
- Available for faculty and staff with a direct Division of Extension appointment.
- Professional development activity must support one or more of the strategic priorities (on the approval site).
- Professional development must be aligned with your annual plan of work and professional development goals.
- Application submission precedes the date of activity.
- Awarded funds must be used within the fiscal year (July 1-June 30).
For information on available funds, please read the "Funds Available" documentation on the internal approval site.
For information on strategic priorities, please read the "Strategic Priorities" documentation on the internal approval site.
What Type of Professional Development Can I Apply For?
For information on the types of professional development for which eligible employees can apply, please read the "What Type of Professional Development Can I Apply For?" documentation on the internal approval site.
For information on what occurs following all necessary approvals, please read "After I'm Approved" documentation on the internal approval site.
Instructions for Approvers
For detailed instructions on approving requests for funds, please read "Instructions for Approvers" on the internal site
Questions? Email email@example.com.