Topics Map > Guide > Admin
This document explains the criteria for photo specs.
If a degree/major/certificate wishes to replace an image in the Guide, which can only occur within a new publication cycle, the following steps should be followed:
- Contact the school/college Guide Coordinator to request a change in image
- The school/college Guide Coordinator will consult with the school/college marketing/communication staff to determine if a submitted image is appropriate and/or for identification of an image if one has not been submitted
- Important points to consider when choosing a photo:
- resolution of the original image should be larger than 960px in width and 400px in height to avoid oversampling- 960x400 is the final cropped size of the picture- the photo should be landscape - horizontal orientation- the photo should be bold and colorful- the photo should be uncropped when submitted- you must own the copyright to the photo, use a photo from the UW-Madison photo library, or use a Creative Commons photo that is free to use without crediting the artist/photographer
- The photos should be named using the following naming convention: 'school-college_page title_catalog year' (e.g. CALS Agricultural Business Management_2018-19).
- Email images to firstname.lastname@example.org
The WISC HTML design team in University marketing and Leepfrog determined the specifications for the photos to fit within the parameters of our academic catalog. Photos can only be updated with a new Guide publication (June release). Photos must be non-trademarked or have a copyright. If an image is requested to be removed for either of those purposes, the photo will be removed without notification. When submitting photos, the pages in which they need to be assigned need to be included. If not otherwise specified, we’d assume that an image submitted with that label should be used on all associated pages (e.g. M.A., PH.D. and doctoral minor).