Topics Map > Learning Analytics & Assessment > AEFIS
AEFIS - Eval Survey Instance - Why can't I assign courses to a survey? (Admin)
This document explains why course sections cannot be assigned to a survey prior to the second week of classes in a semester.
Why can’t I assign courses? or When can I assign courses?
Course sections cannot be assigned to an evaluation until a course section is published. This allows time for instructors to create a syllabus. When a faculty member finalizes the syllabus within AEFIS, the course becomes published.
- Usually accessed from Canvas via Course Syllabus (AEFIS) navigation button.
When are courses auto-published?
AEFIS auto-publishes all course sections the first Monday after the first day of classes. This allows sections to be published if faculty do not use this option for syllabi.
How can I publish a course before that date?
Department Admins can manually publish a course section if their department needs to schedule an eval to start before this date. See Manually publishing a course, below.
Manually publishing a course
- go to the AEFIS menu and choose Course Section.
- Filter department and check the white box in front of each section to publish.
- Next, go to Selected Items Actions and choose change status > update status to published.
- After the next batch job completes (about 60 minutes), the classes will show in the list to assign.
- Only publish courses that need to be evaluated prior to the end of week 1. For all other courses, wait for course sections to be auto published.
- All auto published sections display this message when a student clicks on Course Syllabus (AEFIS): Syllabus Not Available - This syllabus has not been published by the instructor. Please contact the instructor of the course.