Topics Map > Media Delivery > Kaltura > Kaltura - Known Issues
Kaltura - Known Issue - Kaltura video quizzes sometimes don't send a grade to the Canvas gradebook
This document describes several reasons behind why Kaltura video quizzes configured as a Canvas assignment sometimes do not send a grade to the Canvas gradebook.
- Students who do not complete a video quiz within four hours. The video quiz results will not be passed to the Canvas gradebook because Kaltura saves the submission cookie for only four hours.
- Students who enter the video quiz assignment in Canvas before the "Available Until" date and time but finish it after the assignment has closed.
- Students who have a problematic internet connection while watching and responding to a Kaltura video quiz.
Privacy or ad-blocking software may also cause issues with the grade being passed to the Canvas gradebook.
This issue is present as of 7/2/20. Learn@UW-Madison is aware of the issue and has reported it to Kaltura and Instructure who have investigated but not produced a viable fix yet.
Learn@UW-Madison currently does not recommend instructors use the Kaltura video quiz Canvas assignment option due to the above issue. If you do choose to try using it, we recommend instructors create video quizzes with a maximum length of 5-10 minutes and instruct students to finish them within four hours and before the assignment closes. If a student takes a video quiz, pauses it and comes back after more than four hours and the quiz result is not submitted to the Canvas gradebook the instructor can:
- Login to Kaltura MediaSpace (https://mediaspace.wisc.edu/),
- Search for or navigate to the video quiz in question
- Click on Actions → Analyitics and look at the quiz's analytics. If the student took the quiz their score will be in the Quiz Users analytics tab and can then be manually entered in the Canvas gradebook.