Topics Map > Employee Handbook > Hiring > Recruitment > Pre-Recruitment
Topics Map > Employee Handbook > Hiring > Recruitment > Screening
Hiring - Recruitment - Pre-Recruitment - Create Screening Tool
The Hiring Manager will need to develop and submit a screening tool to Extension HR alongside the completed RTF for the position to be approved.
- The Hiring Manager develops a screening tool in conjunction with Human Resources prior to initiating the recruitment (creating the RTF, getting approval for the submission, and submitting to ASU).
- The screening tool will be used by the Search and Screen Committee when reviewing and evaluating application materials to narrow the candidate pool and provide recommendations to the Hiring Manager.
- Each candidate will be rated on each of the criteria in the screening tool (consistent with the requirements listed in the job description/PVL), based on their application materials.
- Hiring Managers will need to submit their drafted screening tool with the Request to Fill (and position description) to email@example.com.
- Review examples of screening tools.
- Create a screening tool based on criteria listed in you PVL/PD (part of the RTF Form)
- If this is your first time creating a screening tool, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to have a short discussion (via phone or teleconference)
Screening Tool Examples
- Different Screening Criteria per Qualification
- Weighted Template - Criteria Examples - Names Down Side
- Weighted Template - Names Down Side
- Non-Weighted Template - Names Down Side
- Required & Preferred - Names Down Side (Y-N-M)
- Required & Preferred - Names on Top (Y-N)
- Required & Preferred - Names on Top - Non-Weighted
- Individual Yes/No
- Ranking Spreadsheet
Questions? Contact email@example.com.