Topics Map > Employee Handbook > Organizational Structure > Person of Interest (POI) > Off-Campus Integrated Specialist
Divisional HR - Person of Interest (POI) - Off-Campus Integrated Specialist NetID
Extension funds portions of faculty and academic staff appointments on the UW-Madison campus as well as other UW Campuses around the state. These positions directly contribute to Extension research, education, and programmatic events and activities. Integrated specialists who are not UW-Madison employees will need a UW-Madison NetID. This will grant them access to UW-Madison O365 email & Calendar, G Suite, and will include them on relevant Core email lists.
- All off-campus integrated specialists must have a Person of Interest (POI)record (Type 32) in the Human Resources System (HRS).
- Integrated specialists must have their primary programmatic affiliation indicated in the Department ID of the POI record.
- Off-campus integrated specialists may need to collaborate with Extension employees using UW-Madison O365 email accounts and G Suite Accounts. To have access to these tools, they must have UW-Madison NetIDs.
- When a POI record is created for an off-campus integrated specialist, there are a series of other steps that must be completed to incorporate them into the Division of Extension systems and processes.
Extension Integrated Specialist UDDS Codes
- Please refer to the POI 32 column in the Division of Extension DeptID Crosswalk for relevant UDDS codes for integrated specialist positions.
How to get an Off-Campus Integrated Specialist a UW-Madison NetID
- The Operations Program Associate (of the relevant Associate Dean) becomes aware of a new or existing off-campus integrated specialist that needs a NetID.
- The Operations Program Associate fills out the Position Information section in the POI form for Extension.
- The off-campus integrated specialist fills out the Person Information section and signs the form. The information in this section is necessary to ensure that no duplicates are created in HRS.
- The completed form must be faxed to UW-Madison Administrative Services Unit (ASU). It cannot be emailed. Fax and contact information is on the POI form.
Off-Campus Integrated Specialist Access with UW-Madison NetID
- UW-Madison Office 365 Email and Calendar.
- UW-Madison G Suite.
- Inclusion on Extension Core Wisclist for All Extension.
- Inclusion on Extension Core Wisclsts based on their UDDS code.
- UW-Madison Canvas
- UW-Madison SharePoint Guest Access
Essential Steps to Complete for New Off-Campus Integrated Specialists
*They must have a POI type 32 record, and have activated their UW-Madison NetID.
Deactivating an Off-Campus Integrated Specialist POI Record
- The Operations Program Associate (OPA) becomes aware that the off-campus integrated specialist position is no longer funded (no longer in an IIA).
- The OPA emails firstname.lastname@example.org and provides the following information:
- Name of integrated specialist
- Integrated specialist email Address
- Date to end POI record