Topics Map > Volunteer Management > Volunteer Onboarding > 5) Training
Volunteer Management - Onboarding - Training
All volunteers are currently required to complete Mandated Reporter and Volunteer in Preparation (VIP) training. Check back in September 2020 for updates to training requirements!
Steps to Complete Requirement
- Inform prospective volunteers of training requirements, including Mandated Reporter and VIP training.
- Provide volunteers with class schedules and links to training.
- Record and retain records of completion.
Mandated Reporter Online Training
- Interactive Mandated Reporter Online Training is available.
- If volunteers have difficulty with the interactive training, they can view it as a video.
- This version will take longer (over 100 minutes), but can be easier to use depending on the technology available.
- Note that there is NO EXAM (this only applies if completed through 4-H online) and NO ability to print certificate (this has been turned off).
- Until the training is moved to a new platform, volunteers need to be on-their-honor regarding completion.
Volunteer in Preparation (VIP) Training
- VIP training is offered in most counties several times each year. Any volunteer can enroll in these in-person sessions.
- Alternatively, a zoom can be scheduled for volunteers.
- As of September 2020, an online version called Welcome to Extension will be available for all volunteers.
- If you are planning to teach a course for the first time, please contact Kim Nawyn at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-262-5864 to discuss at least three weeks prior to the session.
New Youth Protection Modules
- As of September 2020, all volunteers who work with youth will be required to complete a new module called Youth Development and Youth Protection.
For assistance, contact Kim Nawyn at email@example.com or (608) 262-5864.