Topics Map > Operational Support Resources > 4.3 Communications & Stakeholder Engagement
Topics Map > Operational Support Resources > 4.7 Human Resources
Topics Map > Operational Support Resources > 4.4 Dean's Office
Access Management - Adding and Removing Supervisors
This article describes the steps that are required by administrative employees included on the ext-supervisor-access-management group to add access for new supervisors and to remove access for departing supervisors.
Add a New Supervisor (Hiring & Requesting)
- Knack Role: Search for the employee and assign them a supervisor role in Knack
- They will need to already have an appointment in the directory - [Link for document 132702 is unavailable at this time]
- They will need to have logged in using their NetID credentials.
- Knack Appointment: Verify they have a supervisor flag of “yes” on their appointment record.
- This will be assigned at the time the appointment is created - [Link for document 132702 is unavailable at this time]; or
- Will need to be updated on the appointment record (People Management > Person Details > Edit Appointment > Supervisor Flag).
- Knack Direct Reports: Assign the employee as supervisor for any direct reports’ appointments once they have a supervisor role.
- Manifest: Add employee to any applicable supervisor manifest groups (e.g. EXT Supervisors). Use the NetID Lookup Tool.
- PMDP: Verify that the employee appears as the supervisor in PMDP for any direct supervises.
- SharePoint: Add employee to any applicable SharePoint approvals groups (e.g. Approvals Supervisors).
- New Supervisors Onboarding List: Verify that the employee is on the new supervisors onboarding list.
- New Supervisor Orientation Meeting: Invite the employee to a new supervisor orientation meeting.
- HRS: Update Reports To(s) in HRS for any employees this supervisor directly or indirectly supervises.
ASU Payroll & Benefits
- HRS: Update Time Approver(s) in HRS for any employees this supervisor directly or indirectly supervises.
- Payroll Supervisor List: Update the list of supervisors used for payroll purposes.
- I-9 Training: Work with Extension HR to determine if the new supervsior will need to be an I-9 Trained Administrator.
- Add new supervisor to the meeting invitation for the recurring supervisors' meeting that is led by the Dean and Director of Extension.
Communications & External relations
- Update the internal organizational chart.
Remove a Supervisor (Terminations & Transfers)
- Staff Directory - Update Direct Reports: Find the supervisor whose direct reports need to be updated. In the Supervisor Details view, update the supervisor for each direct report's appointment. When you are finished the supervisor's Total Appointments Supervised should be zero.
- Staff Directory - Inactivate Supervisor Role: After all appointments are updated with a new supervisor (they have zero direct reports), remove the supervisor user role (Account Role Management > Edit Account Roles > User Roles).
- Manifest: Remove employee from any applicable manual groups (e.g. EXT Supervisors).
- PMDP: Update supervisor for direct reports to interim/subsequent supervisor.
- SharePoint: Remove employee from any applicable SharePoint approvals groups (e.g. Approvals Supervisors).
Questions? Contact email@example.com.