Topics Map > Supervisor Toolkit > 2.3 Employment Changes
Divisional HR - Job Changes - FTE Changes
Supervisors should reference this information when requesting an FTE change.
- FTE changes within the first 12 months of employment are typically not allowed - if you have questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Employee Requested vs. Employer Requested
- Employee requested FTE increases or decreases are allowed with supervisor approval (be sure to review possible benefit impacts with email@example.com)
- Employer requested FTE increases are allowed with proper advanced notice if based on business needs (consult with firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Employer requested FTE decreases are generally not allowed – this may be a layoff situation (consult with email@example.com)
- Processing time for FTE changes varies. You should budget at least 18 business days from the time of making the request to the effective date.
You can request an FTE change for your direct report(s) by emailing this information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Proposed FTE
- Proposed effective date of change (must be the start of a future pay period)
- If the FTE change will be temporary or permanent
- End date (if temporary FTE change)
- Has the employee been in their position for one year or longer?
- Was the position originally posted with an FTE range that is within the range you are requesting?
- Whether or not the request is being made by the employee or the employer (provide documentation if possible)
- Short explanation about why you are requesting the change.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.