Topics Map > Employee Handbook > Contracts & Agreements > Space Use Agreements (SUA)
Contracts & Agreements - Space Use Agreements (SUA) - Create a New Approval Request
As part of the Space Use Agreement (SUA) workflow, an Extension supervisor will need to submit an approval request for the agreement. This step should be completed after the supervisor has completed the "Space Request" in conjunction with Facilities Planning & Management (FP&M).
Note: These instructions must be completed by a supervisor.
Navigate to the SUA SharePoint Site
Seek Approval for New Space Request
- From the Space Use Agreements home screen, select “Seek Approval for Space Request”
- Fill out the required fields (*) in the approval request form. Make sure to select "Save" when you have completed the form.
- Title: Use the same format as the title of the document set. [County/Institute/Reserve] - [Year.Month]
- Space Use Document Set Link: Select the name of the document set you created.
- Space Use Agreement Type: Select the type of space use agreement you are proposing.
- Space Currently Occupied: Indicate whether or not you and your employees are currently in a leased space.
- Agreement ID Number: Indicate whether or not you have an agreement ID number (SMO#). This will either be 7 or 8 characters and should begin with either 185 or 285. It will be located in the top right corner of the agreement document.
- Your Phone Number: Enter a number that FP&M can reach you at during business hours.
- Outside Signatory Name: Name of the lessor who would sign the space use agreement.
- Outside Signatory Email: Email of the lessor who would sign the space use agreement.
- Outside Signatory Phone: Phone number of the lessor who would sign the space use agreement.
- Assistant Dean/Institute Director: Select your supervisor.
- FoodWIse Related?: Check "Yes" if this involves FoodWIse employees. The State Program Manager will be Cc'd.
- Financial Specialist in OFS: Select your financial specialist in OFS.
Submit Request for Approval
- Head to the Space Use Agreement Approval list.
- When you save the form you will be taken to this page.
- Otherwise go to the SUA SharePoint Site and click "View My Space Use Approval Requests"
- Select the agreement form you would like to submit for approval.
- In the list, click the icon/words in the “Start Approval” column.
- Select "Run Flow"
- If you refresh the page, you will see the Approval Status changes to “Pending”. Once Extension's Senior Institutional Planner, the Assistant Dean/Institute Director and Chief Financial Officer review and approve/reject the status will change.