Topics Map > Financial Services
Topics Map > Employee Handbook > Contracts & Agreements
Contracts & Agreements - Event Contracts - Get an Event Contract Approved
Off-campus events, programs, or activities that require short-term rentals or space use agreements, zero-cost rentals or space use agreements, catering contracts, hotel contracts, speaker contracts, or entertainer contracts must be reviewed, approved, and signed by Purchasing Services at UW-Madison prior to the event taking place. There are two workflow below: one for zero-cost event contracts and one for event contracts using funds in UW-Madison accounts.
Prior to beginning, please be sure to review Contracts & Agreements - Divisional Policy & Guidance for instructions that include changes to past practices.
- Extension employees do not have signature authority to sign event contracts with an external party on behalf of Extension.
- All contracts for events taking place off-campus must be reviewed, signed, and approved by Purchasing Services at UW-Madison.
- These workflows only apply to zero-dollar contracts and contracts paid for by Division of Extension funds in UW-Madison account(s).
- Contracts involving funds held in accounts outside of UW-Madison cannot be signed by any Extension employee or Extension volunteer.
- Types of event contracts include:
- Zero-cost rentals or space use agreements (non-UW facilities);
- Short-term rentals or space use agreements (non-UW facilities);
- Catering contracts;
- Hotel contracts;
- Speaker contracts;
- Entertainer contracts;
- Any Extension employee planning an event should submit their contract and any other necessary documentation through these workflows for review, approval, and signature.
Zero-Dollar Event Contracts WorkflowFollow these instructions if you need a zero-dollar event contract reviewed and approved by UW-Madison Purchasing. It is preferable to submit an unsigned copy of the contract in case UW-Madison needs to make any changes or attach any other documents.
All Other Event Contracts (Using Funds in UW-Madison Accounts)
- Email your Extension Financial Specialist that you have an event contract that needs review and approval.
- Work with your Extension Financial Specialist to submit the appropriate documentation to UW-Madison Purchasing.
- Upon successful review and approval UW-Madison purchasing will return a signed copy to you.
- Work with the Outside Agency to get a copy of the fully-executed contract.
- Once you have a fully-executed event contract you must upload it to this document library.
How to Upload Fully-Executed Event Contracts
- You will upload the fully-executed copy of the event contract to a SharePoint document library.
- You have access to edit documents that you have uploaded.
- You do not have access to edit documents that others have uploaded.
Click Upload → File → Select a File to Upload
- Event Agreement Type: Please select the type of event agreement from the drop-down list.
- Outside Agency: Please enter the name of the outside agency with whom you have the event contract.