Topics Map > Employee Handbook > Risk Management > Injury & Incident Reporting > Employee Injury/Incident
Risk Management - Injury & Incident Reporting - Employee Injuries/Incidents
All work-related injuries and illnesses must be reported immediately via a Worker's compensation Claim. Employees must complete and submit the "Employee Work Injury and Illness Report" to their supervisor within 24 hours of the occurrence of the injury or illness.
- Reports for work-related employee injuries and illnesses will be submitted directly to UW-Madison's Office of Risk Management Worker's Compensation Coordinator.
- These claims are coordinated through the Worker's Compensation Coordinator in partnership with Divisional Human Resources (HR) Representatives.
- All necessary information and forms are found on the UW-Madison Worker's Compensation website.
- Go to the Worker's Compensation Website
- Complete the instructions under "How do I Report a Worker's Compensation Claim".
- Employees must complete and submit the "Employee Work Injury and Illness Report" to their supervisor within 24 hours of the occurrence of the injury or illness.
- Supervisors must complete and submit the "Supervisor Incident Analysis and Prevention Report" to their Human Resources Representative within 1 work day (8 business hours) of learning of an employee's work-related injury or illness.
For employee injuries occurring within scope of employment, see UW-Madison Worker’s Compensation site for information and instructions on reporting.