Topics Map > Employee Handbook > Hiring > Recruitment > Job Offer
Hiring - Recruitment - Job Offer
After the Hiring Manager selects the best-qualified candidate, they can extend a verbal offer to the candidate. This will be a conditional offer pending the results of the criminal background check and the reference check process (including questions related to sexual violence and sexual harassment).
Assistance with Job Offer
- ASU HR referred to in this article will generally refer to the HR Specialist or HR Assistant that the Hiring Manager is working with.
- Extension HR referred to in this article with refer to the divisional HR service account firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Hiring Manager can also contact the service account email@example.com at any time with questions regarding their hire.
- Salary is contingent upon what is posted in the PVL.
- For Academic & Limited staff, the salary & FTE must be within what is posted in the PVL and within budget approval.
A) Hiring Manager Responsibilities
- Provide Extension HR with the proposed prefix, salary, and start date (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- After Extension HR review and approval of prefix, salary, and start date, extend verbal offer to finalist(s)
- Note that the verbal offer is conditional pending the results of the criminal background check, reference checks, and sexual harassment/sexual violence checks.
- Notify ASU HR upon finalist(s) verbal acceptance (ASU HR will then initiate employer SH/SV check and criminal background check before official appointment letter is created)
- The Hiring Manager should consult with the FoodWIse program manager PRIOR to making a job offer to verify that they are in line with FoodWIse salary guidelines.
B) ASU HR Responsibilities
- After verbal acceptance of offer, initiate employer SH/SV check and criminal background check before creating official appointment letter
C) Extension HR Responsibilities
- Approve prefix, salary, and start date to be offered to finalist(s)