Topics Map > Operational Support Resources > 4.7 Human Resources
Hiring - Recruitment - Job Offer
Assistance with Job Offer
- ASU HR referred to in this article will generally refer to the HR Generalist that the Hiring Manager is working with and can be contacted at email@example.com.
- Extension HR referred to in this article with refer to the divisional HR service account firstname.lastname@example.org.
A) Hiring Manager Responsibilities
- Provide Extension HR with the proposed starting salary (including a brief justification), supervisor, and start date (email@example.com)
- Hiring managers should determine a start date as part of the offer negotiations.
- The start date should provide HR with two weeks time for processing, as a general rule of thumb.
- The justification should include reference to the finalist's previous relevant work experience and qualifications.
- Salary is contingent upon what is posted in the PVL.
- For Academic & Limited staff, the salary & FTE must be within what is posted in the PVL and within budget approval
- After Extension HR review and approval of salary, start date, and supervisor extend verbal offer to finalist(s)
- Note that the verbal offer is conditional pending the results of the criminal background check, reference checks, and sexual harassment/sexual violence checks.
- Notify ASU HR upon finalist(s) verbal acceptance (ASU HR will then initiate employer SH/SV check and criminal background check before official appointment letter is created)
- The Hiring Manager should consult with the FoodWIse program manager PRIOR to making a job offer to verify that they are in line with FoodWIse salary guidelines.
Standard Language - Verbal Offer
While we encourage you to put your own personality into the verbal offer, so that is feels authentic and natural, below is standard language that can be utilized.
Contingent upon a successful background check and I-9 Verification, we are pleased to offer you the “TITLE” position starting “DATE” at a salary of “$##,###” annually.
Other items to include if applicable:
- Should you accept, “NAME” would serve as your supervisor
- Your office would be located at “office location”
- This position may offer remote/hybrid work, with up to # work from home days per week.
- Can I answer any questions or address any concerns for you?
B) ASU HR Responsibilities
- After verbal acceptance of offer, initiate employer SH/SV check and criminal background check before creating official appointment letter
C) Extension HR Responsibilities
- Approve starting salary, and start date to be offered to finalist(s)
- Work with the hiring manager to answer any questions the candidate might have regarding their appointment, pay, benefits, etc.