Topics Map > Employee Handbook > 1.20 Ending Employment
Topics Map > Supervisor Toolkit > 2.7 Transitioning Employees from Extension Service
Topics Map > Operational Support Resources > 4.4 Dean's Office
Topics Map > Operational Support Resources > 4.7 Human Resources > 4.7.9 Ending Employment
Ending Employment - Requesting Retirement/Recognition Certificates
Supervisors and employees should refer to this article for information regarding requesting retirement/recognition certificates.
Division of Extension Years of Service Certificate
Retiring employees or employees with 10 or more years of service may receive a retirement/recognition years of service certificate signed by the Dean of Extension. The supervisor will initiate the process.
- The supervisor will email the Dean’s Executive Assistant Lisa Brennan (firstname.lastname@example.org), the request for a retirement/recognition certificate. If possible, please allow at least two weeks prior to the retirement/end date for processing.
- Lisa will email the supervisor a retirement/recognition template to be completed and returned to her. If there is a retirement celebration event, please include in your email request the date along with the address for the physical mailing of the certificate.
- Lisa will mail a framed retirement/recognition certificate signed by the Dean.
- For question related to the retirement/recognition years of service certificate contact Lisa Brennan via email email@example.com or call 608.263.2775.
UW-Madison Retirement Certificate & Governor's Certificate of Appreciation
- The Administrative Services Unit (ASU) will request a UW-Madison retirement certificate for employees after their last day on payroll and requests take up to 30 days to process.
- This also includes requesting a certificate of appreciation from the governor's office for employees who have 15 or more years of service.
- If you would like to request this early, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.