Topics Map > Educational Technology Services
Topics Map > Employee Handbook > IT Resources
DoIT - Extension IT Service Eligibility Matrix
Having a UW-Madison NetID grants access to licensed IT services. However, this access is based on the type of HRS record an individual has. What type of HRS record someone has depends on if they are an employee or a person interest (POI). The matrix below lays out access to licensed services by HRS record type.
- Employees of Extension (with an employee record in HRS) or non-employees formally affiliated with Extension (with a Person of Interest Record in HRS) are eligible for a UW-Madison NetID.
- A UW-Madison NetID will grant access to licensed services based on an individual's type of record in HRS (employee, person of interest).
- Each licensed service (e.g. MS Office) has its own licensing agreement between the provider (e.g. Microsoft) and UW-Madison.
- Each license agreement has very specific language regarding who is eligible (e.g. employees, students, emeritus, etc.) to use the service (or parts of the service).
- The service eligibility matrix below shows the current eligibility for Extension employees, county support staff, integrated specialists, and emeritus.
|Service||Extension Employees||County Employees (POI 18)||Off-Campus Integrated Specialists (POI 32)||Extension Emeritus (POI 21)|
|Office 365 Email & Calendar||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Other MS Office Products||Yes||No||No||No|
|Adobe Creative Cloud||Yes||No||No||No|
|SharePoint||Yes||Guest Access||Guest Access||Guest Access|
|Campus Software Library||Yes||No||No||No|
|LinkedIn Learning (Lynda)||Yes||No||No||No|